Do you want to explore how to recover your Coinbase wallet? If yes, then this guide can help you collect more details now. Coinbase Wallet is the most effective cryptocurrency wallet that can be useful for many purposes. Here you can store a wide range of cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, XRP, and more very .
When you create the official Coinbase wallet account, you can get a 12-word recovery phase. Such a phrase can be helpful to recover the wallet when you have the chance of losing access. So you must write down such recovery phrases and store them in a secure location.
The wallet has an encrypted iCloud feature and Google Drive. When you lose the recovery phrase, you can restore it using iCloud and Google Drive. Here you can further explore how to recover your Coinbase wallet. The recovery phase location, what happens when you lose the recovery phrase, and much more.
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is a reproducible wallet helpful in storing Bitcoin. There are no other digital assets that can be stored in this wallet. Everyone is facing huge growth through bitcoin, and to this extent, users want to know how to recover Coinbase Wallet. Bitcoin is the latest and the trickiest technology. And everyone must understand this by exploring the details of recovering the Coinbase Wallet. Make use of bitcoin to boost cryptocurrency life and grab extraordinary benefits.
In general, bitcoin is one of the most effective digital currencies and is easier to use. With the help of this bitcoin, a user also sees how many digital currencies are running in the background and gets regular, accurate estimates about the cryptocurrency. When you use this bitcoin, you can also get a fantastic chance to answer several questions. The effective factors present in this digital currency can be most ultimate to know about bitcoin.
How to Setup Coinbase Wallet Account?
- At first, you have to install the Coinbase Wallet App (both Android and iOS available)
- Then, create your wallet
- Set your PIN to increase security
- Secure your Recovery Phrase or Mnemonic seed (It can be helpful when your mobile wallet is lost, destroyed, or stolen)
- Receive Bitcoin
- Send Bitcoin
Steps to Recover Coinbase Wallet:
You must sign in with the 12-word recovery phrase to recover the Coinbase wallet. You can restore your Coinbase wallet after entering the recovery phrase. Use Google Drive or iCloud to recover it when you forget the recovery phrase.
When you don’t back up such a recovery phrase, you sure can’t recover the Coinbase wallet. Coinbase can never recover the recovery phrase since they do not have access to it. Check out below the procedure to Recover Coinbase Wallet:
Step 1:- Open the Coinbase App and Click the “I Already have a Wallet” Option
- First, you have to open your Coinbase wallet app on your device.
- Then you may find out some options after opening the app.
- It includes “I already have a wallet” and “Create a new wallet”.
- When you want to recover the Coinbase wallet, click on the “I already have a wallet” option.
Step 2:- Restore the Coinbase Wallet with iCloud, Google Drive or the Recovery Phrase
- After clicking the “I already have a wallet” option, you will land on the ‘Restore Wallet’ page.
- Then you will find the ‘Restore with recovery phrase’ option on the page.
- When you have backed up the recovery phrase through iCloud, you can find the ‘Restore with iCloud’ option.
- When you have backed up the recovery phrase through Google Drive, you can find the ‘Restore with Google Drive’ option.
- You can use any one of the options for recovering the Coinbase wallet.
- In this guide, instead, you can find the ‘Restore with recovery phrase’ option.
- Click the ‘Restore with recovery phrase’ option and start recovering the Coinbase wallet through the 12-word recovery phrase.
Step 3:- Enter the 12-Word Recovery Phrase
- After clicking the ‘Restore with recovery phrase’ option, you will be redirected to the “Sign in with a recovery phrase” page.
- Then you have to enter the correct 12-word recovery phrase in the “Recovery phrase…” field.
- You must know your recovery phrase to complete the sign-in procedure.
- You may have saved it before in a secure location.
- You could not recover Coinbase wallet when you lost access to the recovery phrase.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option to recover the wallet after entering the 12-word recovery phrase.
Step 4:- Setup a Passcode or Use Touch ID
- After entering the 12-word recovery phrase, you will be redirected to the “Protect Your Wallet” page.
- To secure your wallet, you must add a security layer.
- You must go through the procedure again when you sign in to the Coinbase wallet after signing out.
- When using the iOS device, you can find a couple of security options such as ‘Set up Passcode’ and ‘Use Touch ID’.
- Click on the ‘Use Touch ID’ option when the Touch ID option is recommended.
Step 5:- Back Up the Wallet
- After click ‘Use Touch ID’ option. You will be redirect to the “Back up Your Wallet” page.
- Then that page will display the message that you will be shown a secret phrase on the next screen.
- It will be the same recovery phrase you used to recover the Coinbase wallet.
- Click the checkbox to agree that you can’t access the account when you lose the recovery phrase.
- When you have not backed up the recovery phrase to Google Drive or iCloud, click the ‘Back up now’ option to make it possible.
- Otherwise, you can click the ‘Later’ option to do it later.
Step 6:- You have Recovered the Coinbase Wallet.
- After clicking the ‘Later’ option, you can land on the Coinbase wallet.
- Now, the app will start scanning the cryptocurrencies.
- Wait until the scanning process gets over to find all of your cryptocurrencies.
- Finally, you have recovered the Coinbase wallet.
In this blog, we have shared the process of how to recover coinbase wallet. Besides that, we’ve also shared a detailed review of coinbase, so that you can actually learn about it and experience its benefits. If have face any types of issue while recovering your wallet to contact coinbase customer support advisor. Our support advisor will resolved your issue ASAP.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is the Coinbase Wallet Recovery Phrase?
The Coinbase wallet recovery phrase is located in the Coinbase wallet settings. You must open the Coinbase wallet app and click on the gear icon. Click recovery phrase on coinbase under security and then use Touch ID or enter a passcode. Then you can find your 12-word recovery phrase after using the Touch ID or entering the passcode.
What If You Lose the Coinbase Recovery Phrase?
You cannot recover the Coinbase wallet when you lose the Coinbase recovery phrase. Coinbase could not recover the wallet for you since they don’t have any access to the recovery phrase. But when you have backed up the recovery phasing using Google Drive or iCloud, you can restore it. Then you have to open the Coinbase wallet app by clicking the “I already have a wallet” option and then restore the wallet.
What Happens to the Coinbase Wallet When You Lose the Phone?
If you have saved the recovery phrase. You can recover your Coinbase wallet using another phone when you lose your phone. You have to click the “I already have a wallet” option. Then click the “Restore with recovery phrase” option. At last, enter the recovery phrase to recover the Coinbase wallet.